From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI 9263 stopped working

I have a NI cDAQ 9174 which I'm using with an NI9215, a NI9263, and a NI9227. Recently, all of the channels but one (Channel 3) appear to have stopped generating any signals. I'm pretty sure I set up the tasks correctly, as I set them all up the same way and one of them does work (also, Channels 1 and 2 at least used to work as well).

Does anyone have any idea why this might have happened?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,101 Views)

Trevor.Apple,

There's not enough information to proceed with.  What have you tried so far?  Can you cycle through the channels in your VI?  Have you verified the channels in MAX?

Wayne T. | Application Engineer | National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(4,055 Views)

Yes, I verified the channels in MAX. I've used channel 3 both in MAX and my VI, which is a pretty simple VI using the DAQ assistant. When I try to use the other channels in the same way, nothing happens.

Not sure what you mean by cycling through the channels in my VI.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,053 Views)
I would hope that you are using a single DAQ Assistant.

Since the channels work in MAX, the problem has to be in your code. Since you did not attach it, pretty hard to determine what you did.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(4,047 Views)

Using a single DAQ assistant, yes. I miscommunicated however, the channels do not work in MAX, so I suspect the problem is not with the code. That's why I didn't attach it.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(4,044 Views)
What did you have the channels connected to? Are they disconnected now and you still can't measure an output?

Might be time to contact NI for an RMA.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(4,038 Views)

I previously had channel 1 connected to the line on an IC which enables the on chip voltage regulator. Channel 2 connected to a switch circuit which sets a digital output high or low depending on the input voltage. Channels 3 and 4 had perviously not been connected to anything until I started testing them this last week.

I also disconnected from the everything in order to verify that Channels 1, 2, and 4 weren't working.

Thanks for the suggestion; I'll submit a support request.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(4,032 Views)