From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI 9235 Calibration

I connected my cDAQ chassis with the NI-9235 via USB to my computer and attempted to perform a calibration of a strain gauge. However, I was unable to complete the calibration as there was an error to do with the input excitation--it said that it was out of the specified range when I had left it at the default value of 0. 
I followed a procedure I found on the NI website for configuring a strain measurement and calibrating a strain gauge. Is there an inherent internal voltage for the NI-9235 that I am missing? 
Any advice will be greatly appreciated. 
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(804 Views)

Please provide more details of your connection, strain gauge datasheet, VIs you used, errors you got etc.,

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(776 Views)

I have attached a Word document with photos depicting as far as I have been able to get! Following the steps from NI on connecting, configuring, and calibrating a strain gauge I continue to get Error-201398.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(766 Views)

santo_13_0-1640650105500.png

The error states that +/-1m strain for AI Max/Min is not supported by the instrument and the AI.Max values must be between -105e-3 and +66e-6 strain units.

Using appropriate strain Min and Max values would fix your error.

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(760 Views)