From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI 9232 Failure Modes

I am trying to asses the single point failure modes in the NI 9232 DAQ module.

http://www.ni.com/pdf/manuals/373932a_02.pdf

Specifically i would like to know what failure modes are possible on the input circuitry (Figure 1 in the schematic). The block diagram provides some info, but i need to confirm with NI. A schematic of the input circuitry would also be helpful.

Here are my guesses:

AI+/- Input fails open - For example the internal switch fails to provide the 4 mA excitation current
AI+/- Input fails to supply - not probable for a single point failure, but perhaps the switch/excitation current circuit on AI+ looks different than in block diagram. And possible that the AI- op amp shorts to its supply.
AI+/- Input fails to GND - not probable, depends on what the common mode bias current circuitry looks like

I am unable to determine the failure modes because the block diagram does not provide enough information. This is for a high reliability application and we need to confirm that it is safe to hook up the NI 9232 for test.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,960 Views)

Hi EB85,

I took a look, and it does not appear that the information you are looking for is publicly spec-ed anywhere. That means we won't be able to release that information to you on the forums.

To pursue your question further, you'll need to create a Service Request with us by calling 866-275-6964. We can then work with R&D to see if the information you need is spec-ed and what we would be able to release to you.

Thank you,

Casey G.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,928 Views)