Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI 9219 Sample Rate

I've got a NI-9219 module with specs of 100 samples/sec/chnl, but I can sample at 1 million sampes per second no problem. Is that because I'm using a virtual module in MAX and not a physical module?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(871 Views)

Try reading the data as a waveform and then inspect the "dt" field.  I'll bet DAQmx is automatically coercing to the highest *supported* sample rate without throwing an error.  (Though perhaps there's a warning?).

It's a pretty common (but not universal!) behavior for DAQmx to coerce inputs to the nearest legal, supported value.

-Kevin P

CAUTION! New LabVIEW adopters -- it's too late for me, but you *can* save yourself. The new subscription policy for LabVIEW puts NI's hand in your wallet for the rest of your working life. Are you sure you're *that* dedicated to LabVIEW? (Summary of my reasons in this post, part of a voluminous thread of mostly complaints starting here).
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(860 Views)

Yes - when using a simulated device, you won't get the same kind of errors related to timing constraints as you would with the physical device.

Nathan Murphy
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(815 Views)