From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI 9219 Sample Rate

I've got a NI-9219 module with specs of 100 samples/sec/chnl, but I can sample at 1 million sampes per second no problem. Is that because I'm using a virtual module in MAX and not a physical module?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(892 Views)

Try reading the data as a waveform and then inspect the "dt" field.  I'll bet DAQmx is automatically coercing to the highest *supported* sample rate without throwing an error.  (Though perhaps there's a warning?).

It's a pretty common (but not universal!) behavior for DAQmx to coerce inputs to the nearest legal, supported value.

-Kevin P

CAUTION! New LabVIEW adopters -- it's too late for me, but you *can* save yourself. The new subscription policy for LabVIEW puts NI's hand in your wallet for the rest of your working life. Are you sure you're *that* dedicated to LabVIEW? (Summary of my reasons in this post, part of a voluminous thread of mostly complaints starting here).
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(881 Views)

Yes - when using a simulated device, you won't get the same kind of errors related to timing constraints as you would with the physical device.

Nathan Murphy
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(836 Views)