From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI 9219 Fast Sampling Rate

Hi NI Community,

I have a NI 9219 DAQ recording resistance at very fast rate (20S/s) but the module cannot keep up the sampling rate. I used the sample program for resistance and added a few arrays to record the time and data on the table. Apparently the module can only record a change in value for every 5/10 of a second. How do I improve my structure so that the program records the data for every 1/10 of a second or 1/100 of a second based on the sampling rate input? Would the hardware be capable in achieving this task?

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,720 Views)

Can't look at your code now, but have you seen this?   Looks like you may need to configure the device away from its default limit of 2 Hz sampling.

-Kevin P

CAUTION! New LabVIEW adopters -- it's too late for me, but you *can* save yourself. The new subscription policy for LabVIEW puts NI's hand in your wallet for the rest of your working life. Are you sure you're *that* dedicated to LabVIEW? (Summary of my reasons in this post, part of a voluminous thread of mostly complaints starting here).
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,708 Views)

Hi, one thing I noticed, maybe it's just a default value, but the sample rate on the front panel is set to 1000 and the max sample rate of the NI-9219 is 100.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,825 Views)