Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI 9213 Changing from High Resolution to High Speed. Screen caps included.

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I have a 9213 card in a CRIO 9074. My sampling rate is exactly 1S/s which means that it is running in high resolution mode. However when I go into the project window and change it to high speed (as seen below)...9213 properties

2.jpg

nothing happens. The sampling rate remains at 1S/s. Below you can see my labview vi which is a timed loop. The period that can be changed in the loop is only how many samples I draw onto the graph. And as you can see on the graph at at 100ms the graph flatlines as the 9213 isn't updating its value.

3.jpg

Below you can see the recording of the following data and it shows that the sample time is exactly 1S/s.

4.jpg

So how do I actually get my NI 9213 to change from 1S/s in high resolution mode to the 75S/s it is rated for in high speed mode. For this initial setup I am only using 1 thermocouple but once I get the sampling rate figured out I will be adding more. Also it should be noted that I have restarted the computer and the DAQ panel numerous times.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,506 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Slepicka

I noticed that in your project next to the cRIO it says "Real-Time features not available".  According to another thread I found, it was because the real-time module wan not properly installed:

http://forums.ni.com/t5/FieldPoint-Family/Real-Time-features-not-available/m-p/954231

Also, when I recreate your project settings, if I right click on the 9213 module I have the option to "Deploy" or "Deploy All".  Deploying should update the settings.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,485 Views)

So it turns out my real time module license is expired and thats why I can't "Deploy" my settings.

Thanks for your help. I didn't notice that it was expired untill I went to reinstall it.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,470 Views)