From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI 9205 exact sample rate

Hello,

I have a quick question about the NI 9205. Datasheet says its sample rate equals 250kS per second, however it doesn't specify whether this number is the total number of samples acquired by the NI 9205 or if it's the number for ONE channel of the NI 9205.

Basically, I need to acquire many signals (like temperature, speed, voltage for example) and I wonder if, in a second, I'd get 250k samples for each or rather a total of 250k samples for all of these cumulated signals.

Sorry if it sounds like a dumb question, I'm new with all this.

Thank you in advance for your answers.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(819 Views)

In the title of the datasheet, it says 250 kS/sec *aggregate*.   So if you have 5 channels in your task, you'd be reduced to 50 kS/sec *each*.

Not a dumb question, the body of the datasheet isn't real careful to spell this out clearly.

-Kevin P

CAUTION! New LabVIEW adopters -- it's too late for me, but you *can* save yourself. The new subscription policy for LabVIEW puts NI's hand in your wallet for the rest of your working life. Are you sure you're *that* dedicated to LabVIEW? (Summary of my reasons in this post, part of a voluminous thread of mostly complaints starting here).
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(789 Views)

Thank you very much

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(762 Views)