Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI 9191 not booting after firmware recovery

My cDAQ 9191 was updated with the latest FW. After this the device was stuck with the "status" LED blinking. 

I got the cDAQ Recovery software and have tried several times to upload a new firmware to the device. 

Every time with success, I have also renamed the latest firmware and uploaded it also to the device. 

After reboot it goes to blinking status led again.

I have recorded all traffic on the ethernet link and after I get the firmware uploaded over TFTP and written to the device and rebooted I get a broadcast message from the IP of the unit that says:

AndreasF_1-1637434847991.png

(serial and mac is removed)

The last string <not-set> is a bit concerning. 

Anyone got any ideas on how to get the unit running again?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(1,276 Views)

For reference. 

I have tested another unit and during "recovery mode" the package I was posting is the identifier that the recovery tool is showing.

So my faulty cDAQ is not booting it's jumping into recovery mode instead.

I have measured some random lines to the flash memory and I can see that the MCU is trying to communicate with the flash. But after a while it stops. After this the MCU is going in to recovery.

I assume that either the flash is holding a corrupt version of the firmware or there is something wrong with the communication between the flash and the MCU. 
But then again, everything was working until the first FW upgrade.

Maybe I should desolder the flash and dump it instead or try to move the image in the firmware file.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(1,246 Views)

Hello

I have the exact same problem and also tried to use the "NI Network cDAQ Recovery Utility140" with various frimware versions of with a "successful flash" message but with the same 3 status blinks. 

I guess this makes it less likely it is a hardware problem

I will use another device for now but will return to it later

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(1,185 Views)

Resurrecting an old thread here. I am having the same issue. 3 blinks, no response in MAX. I used the Recovery Utility with a variety of different firmware, all of which report complete. After a reboot, 3 blinking lights.

Any thoughts on where to go from here?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(235 Views)