Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI 9181 Configuration for remote data acquisition

Hi everybody,

I have an application consisting of 2 NI9181 which should be connected to a local Hub via Ethernet. In turn the Hub is connected to a local network. A static IP address is assigned to the HUB. I would develop an application for remote data acquisition from my office (which is obviously in another city and in another network). I wonder if you could give me a suggestion about how to configure the cDaqs (Link Local? Static?) and how to set the acquisition process in Labview. Using FP, in a similar situation, I set a TCP port for any device (i.e. ports 80,81,82...). Is it possible using Ni 9181? 

Davide

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,163 Views)

Hi Davide,

you must configure the cDaqs with a static and PUBLIC link, so in this way you can connect to it remotely.

Regards,

Anna 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,129 Views)

Hi Anna,

thank you very much.

I set cDaqs with static local Ipv4 address (172.20.18.151, 172.20.18.101). Now i can connect to them by browser writing the Public IP address (80.20.xxx.xxx) and the forwarding ports (83 and 84 respectively). 

The problem is that doing so I can access to the devices only via web browser (local ip address are correctly reported) but NOT via MAX. How can I develop my application without MAX? 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,082 Views)

Hi @Dindex,

Did you figure it out how to do it? 

I made a public port(DMZ), and I can ping it from other network, but I have the same issue as you, NIMAX is not working with it.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(1,553 Views)

From this knowledge base: Troubleshooting Network cDAQ Connectivity Issues - National Instruments (ni.com)

These ports need to be open for Ethernet cDAQ to function correctly:

• HTTP:80 (configuration only)
  • TCP:3580
  • TCP:31415
  • UDP:5353(configuration only)
  • TCP: 5353(configuration only)
  • UDP:7865 (configuration only)
  • UDP:8473 (configuration only)
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(1,517 Views)