Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI 6321 card- Input signal to modulate Output signal

Hello All,

I am new to this Labview, but I see quite a lot of help and experts available on this forum. 

I have a 6321 PCIe card, to take an input voltage signal TTL (5 Volt fixed) or a triangular wave function (shown top figure as Input timing for the output signal), I would like to use this TTL timing to modulate my Analog output signal (ranges from 0-2 V). 

1-  I would like to keep my output signal delay from input signal both ends of the Input signal (indicated by dotted vertical lines).

2- Delay something I can change.

3- Output voltage amplitude levels can be changed (indicated by bottom gray blocks).

4- I can't use NIDAQ MAX driver since its been used by other control software.

Please advice, and let me know if the questions are not clear or need further details!

Thanks,

Anand Singh

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(1,903 Views)

Hello Everyone,

I found a partial solution to the question I asked above. I am attaching my VI and output fig.

Let me explain it in details

Card- NI PCI 6110

1. AI-1 takes 5V TTL signal from my device- Fig shows as Red lines
  2. then I use the 0-2Volt numeric value
  3. I use AND gate to AI1 and numeric value to get output-Fig shows as Green lines.
  4. Then I feed this to my AO0 port
  5. To check its behaviour I feed this AO0 to AI3 on the AI port-Fig shows as White lines (checked on the oscilloscope as well)

As you can see the white lines (AO0) signal is shifted in time. I would like to sync white signal to RED/Green signal (in time).

Please help me improve my code and error!

I appreciate your kind help. Let me know if the details I provided are not enough/need more information.

Thanks and kind regards,

Anand

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(1,827 Views)

Correction- White became Black after saving the file.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(1,823 Views)

Hi AnandSingh,

If I understand correctly, what you are trying to fix is getting the square waves synced to each other in order to mitigate the jitter I can see in the attached image.  For this use case, I think you may need an FPGA or RIO card in order to do this in real time.  What sort of timing are we looking and and what sort of precision do you need time-wise? 

DillonL.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(1,800 Views)

Thanks for reply and suggestion. 

I still believe that it is possible to get Input trigger from one the AI channels in 6321 card and use the time stamp to get sync output signal. I am still looking for different examples and trying to work it out.

Will post something works.

Thanks,

Anand

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(1,776 Views)