Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI 6216 USB linux driver

Dear,

i am a bit confused we just bought a 6216 USB DAQ, the doc says it is supported by linux but when you install the latest driver it is not supporte?

Why? it is not a brand new one model?

Please could you give a driver version that support USB 6216 for linux even an old one to be compliant with your documentation.

Best regards  

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(711 Views)

Which version of DAQmx? please cite the document you read and any error message you received.

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(693 Views)

Dear,

before buying my DAQ i read a loyt ouf your website...

https://www.ni.com/pdf/manuals/ni-linux-device-drivers-2022-q4.html

Basically, you say to people "you can find drivers for Linux" and at the end the DAQNX driver does not support (anymore) the USB 6216.

The  USB 6216 support dor linux was in the  DAQNX BASE driver that you do not even maintain anymore.

Basically you sell items for which you do not support anymore the driver.

I spent 2 days trying to  install on ubuntu the DAQNX BASE  15 driver (conversion using alien). At the end i get the message 

--------------------------------------------

lsdaq

Detecting National Instruments DAQ Devices
Found the following DAQ Devices:
/etc/natinst/nidaqmxbase/bin/daqmxbase_listdevices: error while loading shared libraries: liblvrtdark.so.15.0: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64

-------------------------------------------------------------

I know you will tell me this is not the good architecture! but i did what i could following the NI forum (and 20years of experience on linux)

So please give instructions to install NI USB 6216 DAQNX base on ubuntu to be compliant with your commitents  

Please  

---------------------------------------------- 

A copy of your site: 

https://www.ni.com/pdf/manuals/ni-linux-device-drivers-2022-q4.html

NI Linux Device Drivers 2022 Q4 Readme

October 2022

This file contains installation instructions and compatibility information for NI Linux Device Drivers 2022 Q4.

You can find more release information on ni.com.

rview

NI Linux Device Drivers software provides Linux Desktop support for a variety of NI test and measurement hardware. It offers repository registration packages for each supported Linux distribution. Once the appropriate driver software repository is registered for the system, use the Linux distribution's native package manager to install NI driver software packages.

New Features

• Repositories for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 9, Ubuntu LTS 22.04, openSUSE 15.3, and openSUSE 15.4
  • Repositories will no longer be updated for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7, Ubuntu LTS 18.04, openSUSE 15.1, and openSUSE 15.2
  • Hardware Configuration Utility support for NI-RFSA and NI-RFSG non-composite devices
  • NI-SWITCH Ubuntu LabVIEW API package added to Ubuntu 20.04 repository
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(664 Views)

So, your reply was addressing "NI" whereas the folks replying on this forum are fellow NI product users trying to help each other out in their free time. I empathize with the difficulties you're facing, let us wait and see if other fellow users could guide you on this issue.

On the other hand, if you wish to talk to a NI representative, you can contact them through their official mode https://www.ni.com/my-support/s/service-requests

Note: This is not an official medium of communication with "NI" though occasionally some NI Employees respond to some posts.

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(644 Views)