Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI 5105 error 50550

Hi,

I’m using a NI 5105 in  TestStand sequences (4.1) on a testbench. It was fine (Timing tests ran ok meaning the scope was working fine at that moment) until I got back to work 2 weeks ago and nobody turned the testbench computer on. It is now showing the following error on every step involving the scope:

An exception occurred calling 'RunStep' in 'ISubstep' of 'zNI TestStand Ivi Step Types'

An error occurred while executing the step.

Component Works IVI Control Error: The IVI Read operation failed on channel 'CHANNEL0' for logical name 'PXI_SCOPE_1'.

Details: (CHANNEL0) NI Platform Services:  A synchronization object was not acquired within the time limit. The operation could not be completed as specified. Status Code: -50550 [IVI Error Code:  BFFA65D9]

Source: TSIviStepTypes

After some research on NI Forum, here are the solutions I found:

• A fix for PCI-5122 that recommends upgrading the firmwire but the tool is not provided on NI 5105. I updated NI Scope 3.4 to 3.7 though.
  • The topic also suggests that it could be related to computer processes running that doesn’t allow the CPU to allocate enough time to the scope process : nothing but the needed is running background.
  • Selftest runs successfully but self calibration does not complete, it still runs after 3 hours which I assume is abnormal.
  • Using NI Examples (Labview 8.5) to run the scope results with the same error. So does running the SFP tools with a function generator connected. The computer freezes when it occurs and a reboot is inevitable to regain control over the computer.

What does this error mean ?

How can I fix it ?

PS : My apology if it doesn't belong to this board, can an admin please move it to the correct one. Thanks.

Regards,

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,625 Views)

Please delete this thread as it was re-created in the correct board :

http://forums.ni.com/t5/High-Speed-Digitizers/NI-5105-returns-error-50550/td-p/1966865

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,608 Views)