Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My PCI-6713 has an offset on the analog output channels of ~0.015. How can I calibrate it?

Like the title says, my analog output channels have a slight offset.  Is there any way to calibrate them to get them to return to 0.

Thanks.

Programming Data Acquisition and Control in Measurement Studio and Labwindows/CVI
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,764 Views)

Michael,

Are you always seeing the offset or just at power-on.  Your device has a Power-On state of +/- 200mV per the 6713 Specifications.  This is further explain in What Is the Analog Output Power-On State of the PCI-6713?

If it is always occuring afte the power-on, then you may need to perform a calibration.  A  contributor to offset errors is the difference in the current temperature of the card, and the temperature that is was calibrated at.  You can perform a 'self-calibration' on your device in Measurement & Automation Explorer to compensate for this difference.  To perform a self-calibration:  Open MAX>Expand Devices and Interfaces>Right click on your PCI-6713>Choose 'Self-Calibrate'>Click 'Next' then 'Finish' on the dialog boxes.  

If you are still experiencing an offset after the self-calibration, then it may be time to calibrate your card.  If you have the proper equipment, you can follow the directions in AO Waveform Calibration Procedure for NI-DAQmx.  If you do not have this equipment, then either NI or a 3rd party can perform a calibration for you.  Click here for more info on NI's calibration services.

Regards, 

Paul Davidson
National Instruments
Product Owner - ni.com Chat
Message 2 of 2
(2,744 Views)