cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My PCI-6221 only reads 10.6526V

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi

I have a NI PCI-6221 (37 pin) in a PC with Win XP sp2. I have installed LabView 8.2, and Ni-DAQmx 8.3.

Windows recognizes the PCI card, and also the MAX application. But when I try to acquire data in LabView with the card, it always returns 10.6526V. That is: every analog input channel, and either RSE and Differential connections, the measurement is 10.6526V. And if I connect the ground with the analog input, or the differential pair, the measurement keeps being that.

Running the MAX's Test Panel gives the same result. However, if I "Self-test" the card, MAX says everything is OK.

Do you know what may be the problem?

Thank you,

Franco

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,727 Views)

Hi mangiarf,

If you are reading the same voltage for every signal regardless of whether it is connected to a known value, a battery, or grounded, your card most likely will need to be RMA'd.  You can call 1-866-ASK-MY-NI to ge the card repaired.  Also, you can try to calibrate the card in MAX, but this does not appear to be a calibration problem.

Best,

Adam
Academic Product Manager
National Intruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,690 Views)

Hi Adam,

Thank you very much for your reply.

Is there any way to confirm if the card needs to be repaired?

Thank you,

Franco

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,682 Views)

Sometimes I've seen this if the DIO5V fuse is blown- Unfortunatly the DIO5V is not exposed on the 37pin but you could see if you can drive a PFI pin from MAX

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,659 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author mangiarf

Hi

Problem solved - I sent the card to be repaired, and it had some problems with the power supply (MIO). That part was replaced, and now it is working fine.

Thanks for your help

Franco

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,523 Views)