Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My DAQPad-MIO-16XE-50 has stopped working: seems that it does not connect with the PC. Where I can found the pin to pin connection for the cable to check it?

Hi All,

As reported in the object, my DAQPad-MIO-16XE-50 has stopped working.
It seems that the DAQPad-MIO-16XE-50 does not communicate properly with the PC. I would like to check the cable pin to pin, but I do not have the cable connection table. Someone could help me?? Regards

Gaetano
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,099 Views)

Hello,

Please view the link below and refer to the first two columns.  It does lack proper labeling for the IEX (+) and (-), however it is close.  I will dig deeper for the correct pin out, however this one should help for now.

AE KB 1SDDOSPH: Cable Mapping for a 68-Pin Connector to a 50-Pin Connector

Samantha
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,082 Views)
Hi,

Thanks for you answer, but my DaqPad is connected to the PC with a mini Centronics connection DB 25 pins to Mini Centronics 36 pins. It is a device for the Parallel port...
Thanks I will check your link Anyway

Gaetano
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,078 Views)

Hello,

The 25DB to 36 pin pinout is linked below.  This link does not correlate to the DAQPad-MIO-16XE-50.  I would suggest looking at the DAQPad-MIO-16XE-50 User Manual provided below.  Appendix B in this manual is helpful for troubleshooting parallel ports.  In addition, I am also curious to know what operating system and version of drivers are on the PC you are connecting to the DAQPad.  The DAQPad-MIO-16XE-50 is not supported on Windows XP or NI-DAQmx driver. 

If you are using LabView, I also found an example program to help with your testing.  Under the Help Menu select Find Example to launch the Example Finder.  The title of the example is Parallel Port Read and Write Loop.VI.  Please note that in the tab titled I/O Connector Status, the LEDs still receive correct data in relation to the number labels even though the orientation of the LEDs are incorrect.  The orientation of the LEDs is incorrect, since they do not match the pinout order of an actual 25DB connector.

Parallel cables pinout and port info

DAQPad-MIO-16XE-50 User Manual

Samantha
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,051 Views)
Hello,

Thanks for your Answer.
I am using a Win2000 based PC with the 6.9.3 driver, it were working fine till 2 weeks ago. I solved the problem, it is working!!!! A pin in the cable was disconnected, maybe inside the cable there is a fault, anyway the correct pinout is:

DB25 (computer)      mini-centronics 36 (DAQpad)
1                                 15
2                                 6
3                                 7
4                                 8
5                                 9
6                                 10
7                                 11
8                                 12
9                                 13
10                                3
11                                1
12                                5
13                                2
14                                17
15                                4
16                                14
17                                16
18-25                            20-35  return GND
case                            case

It is  different from your link, because is the standard IEEE 1284C

The disconnected pin  was the strobe (1-->15).
Regards
Gaetano

Message 5 of 7
(3,017 Views)
Hello,

I am glad to hear that you found the problem and it is now working!  Also, thanks for posting the solution to your issue for others to view.

Samantha
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,008 Views)

Message Edited by samantham on 01-22-2008 10:38 AM
Samantha
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7