Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My DAQ program uses Traditional NI-DAQ in Visual C++ 6.0. I get error-10609 at SCAN_Start when run

My data acquisition program uses Traditional NI-DAQ in Visual C++ 6.0. When I run the program, I get error -10609 at the SCAN_Start that states

A transfer is already in progress for the specified resource, or the operation is not allowed because the device is in the process of performing transfers, possibly with different resources.

Why do I receive this error?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,529 Views)
Hi,

TThe error -10609 can result from several situations in which the device's resources are already in use.

A Measurement & Automation (MAX) test panel is already open.

If you open a test panel window for your device and attempt to run your application, you can get this error. If this is the case, close the MAX test panel.

An AI Clear function was not used at the end of the previous acquisition.

If you do not call the AI Clear function after performing your acquisition, the resources remain open. Be sure to call this function, inputting your taskID, at the end of the acquisition.

Multiple programs are accessing the device.

If you have multiple VIs accessing the device, or perhaps a LabVIEW VI and another application, the resource will be taken and you will receive the error. You can only run one application accessing the specific resource (for example, analog input on channel 0) at a time

I hope this helps...and have a Great Day!

George
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,524 Views)