Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My DAQ, NI usb-6008, does not show up in labview after installing the drivers

Solved!
Go to solution

My DAQ does not show up in my labview program after installing the drivers.I can't add it to my program or anything. I have installed 3 different drivers and updates and it is still not showing up in labview. Is there something that I am missing or need to do still?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(6,198 Views)

Does it show up in the Window Device Manager?  Does it show up in Measurement & Automation Explorer?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(6,194 Views)

I need some more information in order to help you.

1) Which version of Labview are you using?

2) Which 3 drivers did you install?

3) Which OS are you using as well as if it is 64 bit?

4) Are you able to use Measurement & Automation Explorer (MAX) to see the installed hardware and software?

Which version of NI-DAQmx is visible in MAX?

5) Can you see the device in MAX?

Remeber that in order for hardware to work that you need to follow this sequence when installing Labview

Labview --> Toolkits and add ons --> Drivers

Jacob Kerksiek

Jacob K
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(6,178 Views)

I am using Labview 2011. I have windows 7 64 bit. I have installed the disk based drivers, NI DAQmx base, and NI DAQmx version 9.4. I guess. The device shows up in max but nothing else does and I cannot edit anything or view the properties of the device.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(6,167 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Keaton

It seems as though you have a corrupted file somewhere in your installation.  You will need to go into the control panel and select the option to repair installation.  You will have to run the repair twice due to a known issue.  After this you will need to reinstall the NI_Daqmx 9.4.

Jacob K

Jacob K
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(6,151 Views)

Thanks, that worked it now appears in my labview program

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(6,143 Views)

hi there,

i have the same problem with my USB-6211. It shows up in the measurement & automation explorer, but when i tried to add an express VI to read data from it, it would not show up. everything looks fine.

please help me.thanks.

yifan

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(6,071 Views)

One of the first things that you can do to verify that it is functioning properly is to open Measurement & Automation Explorer and use a test panel.  Once you have verified that you can control it with a test panel you can then create a task in the data neighborhood. You then should be able to use the task in LabVIEW. Let me know if that works.

Jacob K.

Jacob K
Message 8 of 10
(6,060 Views)

thanks Jacob. I updated DAQmx from 9.3 to 9.4 and now everything works.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(6,045 Views)

Hi Jacob,

I've been working on a LabVIEW 2011 application that uses a USB-6008 DAQ.  Throughout April and May, I had no

problems communicating with the DAQ.  However, in June I had several episodes where it would not function properly

when plugged in to my PC.  NI-MAX expected it to be there as Dev1, but showed it X'd out, so test panels were not

available.  Usually, I was able to clear the problem by shutting down my computer, unplugging the DAQ, re-starting

my computer, and plugging the device back into the USB port.

Earlier this week, when this process no longer cleared my problem, I tried to repair the DAQmx software as suggested.

I had originally installed DAQmx 9.3.5.  When repairing it did not work, I installed DAQmx 9.4 as you suggested. 

With the upgrade, the device then installed properly and I have not had any problem since.  This worked, but was

somewhat time-consuming.

It is not clear from you posting whether or not file corruption remains a concern for USB devices and DAQmx 9.4.  Is

there anything simple I can do to avoid this in the future, such as making sure I do not disconnect the DAQ unless

the computer is shut down?  It is essential that I minimize the potential for failure once the application is deployed.

I would appreciate your help.

My development system is running Win Vista and my target system is running Win 7.

Thank You,

gwjtstengr

Thank You,

gwjtstengr
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(5,660 Views)