From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple channel Frequency output

Hello,

I have 3 NI 9474 cards in my chassis, all have 4 different Outputs connected. I want to have a frequency output for all 12 of them. 

But I get the following error, even when I only try to send the frequency signals to one of the cards:

Error -89137 occurred at DAQmx Start Task.vi:7220003

Possible reason(s):

Specified route cannot be satisfied, because it requires resources that are currently in use by another route.

Property: CO.Pulse.Term

Destination Device: cDAQ-BCU_DO_1
Destination Terminal: PFI3

Required Resources in Use by
Task Name: _unnamedTask<FA> 
Source Device: cDAQ-BCU
Source Terminal: Ctr0InternalOutput

Required Resources Also in Use by
Source Device: cDAQ-BCU
Source Terminal: Ctr0InternalOutput

Find my code attached. 
Am I missing anything, that this cannot work? Or Is it simply not possible for those cards to do this? 

Note: The red .vi (with the "get-signal_index" etc.) is sending the desired frequency for the 4 different signals.

Kind regards

F. Varchmin

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(967 Views)

An actual vi would be more useful than a screencap that only shows part of the code.

That said, your fundamental problem is that you want 12 counter outputs from (probably) only 4 counters.  Your 9474 devices are digitial modules which only provide a signal pathway to connect the outside world to the (probably) 4 counters embedded in your chassis.

To get 12 distinct outputs, you need 3 distinct chassis supplying 4 counters each.  Or you need to add modules which have their own built-in counters.

-Kevin P

CAUTION! New LabVIEW adopters -- it's too late for me, but you *can* save yourself. The new subscription policy for LabVIEW puts NI's hand in your wallet for the rest of your working life. Are you sure you're *that* dedicated to LabVIEW? (Summary of my reasons in this post, part of a voluminous thread of mostly complaints starting here).
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(930 Views)

Hello Kevin, 

thanks for your reply. 

I have a cDAQ-9185 chassis. So what you say is that I don't have 4 counter outputs on each card, but rather only 4 counter outputs on the whole chassis? 
Do you know if it is possible to send the same frequency over one counter output to multiple physical outputs? Because that would already be enough for me. I have tried this, but still get errors:

Error -50103 occurred at DAQmx Start Task.vi:7220003

Possible reason(s):

The specified resource is reserved. The operation could not be completed as specified.

Task Name: _unnamedTask<2F>

I have attached the .vi. The red gdb.vi can just be exchanged with a to be defined frequency (Because this one is running on another .vi and so on, so I can't send you all of it 😉 ). But really the Problem only seems to stem from that part that was already in the picture, everything else (the top part) is running fine.

Kind Regards,

Franziska

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(912 Views)

Try this drastically simplified code just to see whether you can export a single counter output to multiple PFI pins with your device.  The big difference here is that I'm using ctr0 for only 1 task instead of trying to build 4 tasks that all want to use the same ctr0.

-Kevin P

CAUTION! New LabVIEW adopters -- it's too late for me, but you *can* save yourself. The new subscription policy for LabVIEW puts NI's hand in your wallet for the rest of your working life. Are you sure you're *that* dedicated to LabVIEW? (Summary of my reasons in this post, part of a voluminous thread of mostly complaints starting here).
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(883 Views)