Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multi sensors with one DAQ

I want to attach four different sensors e.g photoelectric sensor, laser sensor, fiber optic sensor, and ultrasonic sensor with one DAQ and get the data of each sensor. Please suggest me which NI DAQ  will be suitable to perform this task as well as need code.   

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,524 Views)

I recommend checking ni.com/daq to find all the current solutions and finding one that complies with your sensors' specifications.

If you plan to use a single card, I expect you to need external circuitry to have high fidelity measurements (depending on the return values each sensor provides).

Else, you can consider a CompactDAQ with the modules that are best suited for each type of measurement and fit your desired specifications.

All the best,

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,477 Views)

@Maghrana wrote:

I want to attach four different sensors e.g photoelectric sensor, laser sensor, fiber optic sensor, and ultrasonic sensor with one DAQ and get the data of each sensor. Please suggest me which NI DAQ  will be suitable to perform this task as well as need code.   

A couple of things to consider:

1. Do you need IEPE excitation for your ultrasonic sensor? That will limit your choices.
  2. For each sensor is your sampling rate the same? For a single board DAQmx device, the sampling rate needs to be the same on all of the channels. (For a FPGA I think you can get around this requirement.)

mcduff

PS If you need somebody to write code for your application there is a job board here, otherwise the examples in the example finder are a good place to start.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,458 Views)