From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multi-channel capability of DMM6500 + TC2001SCAN CARD

Dearl all,

i'm planning to set-up a data acquisition system able to measure the following inputs:

1) alternate voltage: 50 Hz power supply output, waveform modified by a SCR/TRIAC

2) alternate current read through a shunt

3) temperature from a thermocouple

I'm still not sure about the decision of reading both the voltages by an integration method (300 Hz bandwitdh) or by digitizing the signals. The fact is that the current changes quite rapidly from about 100 A up to 2000-3000A in a couple of seconds (3 - 5 s) and the voltage changes starting from 10 V down to 4V in the same time scale, so maybe the integration method is not so precise in the evaluation of these transient alternate signals.

I have three questions:

1) what is in you opinion the best approach to read this transient variation at my DUT?

2) If the two voltages need to be digitized what's a suitable sampling rate? 200000 sample/s can be enough?

3) In your opinion is this system feasible for this experiment or i need a better DAQ maybe with a non multiplexed one with indipendent ADCs for each channel?

I have attached some specific info about the Keithley DMM6500 and the TC2001 SCAN CARD

Thanks in advance for your help

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(1,657 Views)