From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modern USB DAQ for CB-68LP 68-pin out?

Hi! I have a few applications that utilize a CB-68LP. I'm debating if I should replace them with complete USB DAQ devices or if there was a particular USB DAQ device that might interface with that pin out. We are phasing out the last of our hardware that used PCMCIA DAQ devices (DAQCard 6024E) and I'm trying to figure out the best path in the upgrade. I'm not particularly attached to the CB-68LP, but there is a lot wired to it and that would have to be redone.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,246 Views)

Hi NicLinley,

NI recommends the USB-6341 X Series device as a successor of the DAQCard 6024E, although the pinout for the USB device may not connect to the CB-68LP. I would take a look at the PCIe-6341 for a card with that specific 68-pin connection.

I would recommend calling in to speak with a sales engineer before purchasing anything to make sure you're getting the right product: (888) 280-7645

Best,

BrandonN

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,204 Views)

The USB-6361, USB-6363, and USB-6366 X Series devices have variants that come with mass-terminal VHDCI connectors. (In the table here, filter on "Front Connection Type") One of those, plus a SHC68-68-EPM (shielded), SHC68-68 (shielded), or RC68-68 (unshielded) cable, and I think it should be possible to reuse your existing CB-68LP wiring.

In the older USB M Series line, there are several products that have mass-terminal SCSI connectors; a SH68-68, SH68-68-EPM, or R6868 cable would be appropriate choices there.

As BrandonN points out above, a sales engineer can help you through the process.

——
Brandon Streiff
ni.com/compactdaq · ni.com/daq
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,197 Views)