Did you mean: 

Misconfigured SC-2345 and PCI-6221

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi all,

I have the following configuration:

Windows XP

PCI-6221 (68 pin)

SC-2345 (multiple modules installed: 4x SCC-TC02 in J1-J4, 1x SCC-CI20 in J5, 1x SCC-SG24 in J6, and 2x SCC-AI04 in J7 & J8)

LabVIEW 8.0

NI-DAQmx 8.1, MAX 4.0.3.3

My PCI-6661 card passes its self test, and seems to be fine in MAX. My SC-2345 carrier looks to be working (the power board -SCC-PWR02- LEDs light up). I've configured the SC-2345 and the SCC modules per the manual, clicked "OK" to save the config in MAX; but when I try to run the test panels on the SCCs (all of them, save the power SCC), I get this error (same for each SCC, though the "Physical Channel Name" changes for each):

Error -200170 occurred at Test Panel

Possible Reason(s):

Physical channel specified does not exist on this device.

Refer to the documentation for channels available on this device.

Device: Dev1
Physical Channel Name: ai0

I'm stumped at this point, so any help/pointers would be great, thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,235 Views)

Hello djwait,

Thanks for posting.

So I read through  the manual of the SCC-2345 and the modules you have just to be certain of the set-up you have is not reserving more channels than expected for the Connector block and definitely this is not the case. I also went to a virtual machine with windows XP, installed labview 8.0 and the 8.1 version of the DAQ-mx drivers to simulate the enviroment you have on your computer.

I simulated  also the PCI6221 card and did the same setup you mentioned.

Everything seems to be working fine in my computer, as the simulation is an exact replica of the Hardware you have.

As I could not replicate the error you are having in my computer nor in the virtual machine, I believe this issue is related to your system  set-up.

My recommendation tfor you would be to download the newest driver of DAQ-mx compatible with the labview system you own.

NI-DAQ and LabVIEW Version Compatibility (for Windows)

You can get the driver from here.

Hope this helps,

Luis M.

Applications Engineer.

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,204 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author djwait

Hi Luis,

Thanks for the reply. I did end up installing a newer version of DAQmx, though not the latest (when I tried the latest version, I ran into issues with VIs written in my older version of LabVIEW). I ended up going along the DAQ upgrade path after reading the PCI-6221 manual, which assumed DAX 8.7.1 or later, so I installed 8.71, and that ended up resolving the issue.

Interestingly, as far as I can tell in MAX, the system looks exactly the same; somehow underneath the the MAX software, the DAQ software is connecting the dots for me.

Thanks again,

Dan

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,200 Views)

Luis M,

I hope you are still there.  I have a similar problem.  I changed from the PCI 6221, where everything worked, and had to upgrade to the PCIe 6320 card because the new computer with Windows 10 doesn't have PCI legacy slots anymore.  The card is recognized, no problem.  However, when I create the SC-2345 block terminal front end with the accelerometer modules, it won't talk to the DSP card.  And the name of the device has a '0:' added in front of its name in the Devices list.  Instead of 'NI SC-2345 "SCC1"' It reads '0: NI SC-2345 "SCC1"'  .  I can't find what that means anywhere in the documentation for the SCC-2345.

Please help!

Regards,

Ron Brook

rbrook@ips.us

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,753 Views)