From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Memory management with .NET and DAQ USB-6259

Hello everyone

I am quite new to programming with this kind of hardware, and I am not even completely sure the title of this thread is very accurate. Anyhow, to the problem, and question, at hand:

Using the DAQmx .NET framework with C#, I would like to generate three continuous waves for my DAQ (OEM USB-6259), and write them to three different AO channels on the board. This, I have achieved. However, the waves are pretty long, with quite a high samples per second rate, causing the memory usage of my application to be unreasonably high. I cannot use a loop for these three waves, as I see it, since the phase of the three waves (and the frequencies) are continuously changing.

A solution to this problem, would probably be writing bits of these waves, and writing them to the DAQ as they are generated, a bunch of samples at a time, or perhaps generating the waves in realtime. That however, seems very difficult to me, since I assume one has to get the timing right and so on.

Is there some way I could use the first approach (generating bits of waves and writing them to the DAQ as they are needed), in some way?

Any tips or help would be very much appreciated!

Thanks
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(2,568 Views)