From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meilhaus 3106 MAX/DAQ Assistant Issues

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

While I'm sure you all have wearied of my usual throat-clearing, I am a relatively inexperienced developer, so apologies in advance if this question is incomplete or otherwise lacking.

I recently recieved a Meilhaus Electronics RedLab 3106 DAQ.  The manual for this box may be found at: http://www.meilhaus.org/downloadserver/redlab/manual/RedLab%203106_en.pdf

In attempting to use this device, after completeing the "Quick Start" installation, I discovered that the DAQ was not being read by MAX (v5.0). Also, in attempting to use the DAQ Assistant feature within LabVIEW 2011 for this DAQ box (which I have done successfully on this machine with an NI-6008 USB DAQ), I discovered that the device was not listed, with the text 'No physical channels supported' appearing where the channel listing would typically be. 

Normally, I would simply attempt a re-install of the 3106 drivers/software package, but the odd thing is that Windows (XP-SP3) gives me the 'New Hardware Found' bubble when the USB cable which powers the DAQ is connected to the computer. Additionally, the DAQ is able to be read by a program that came with the DAQ called' InstaCal', including a command to make the power light on the box blink. Finally, a universal library that also comes with the DAQ has successfully installed itself within LabVIEW under 'User Libraries'. Given this functionality, I am convinced that either it is simply not possible to use the DAQ Assistant within LabVIEW for this particular DAQ, or that there is something within LabVIEW/MAX that needs fixing.

Has anyone experienced a problem similar to this with 3rd party hardware (ideally, Meilhaus) and NI software? If so, how did you remedy it? 

Kind Regards,

MG Wilkinson

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,022 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author mgwilkinson

Third party DAQ hardware is not supposed to be detected by MAX or used with the DAQ Assistant. So, just use the functions you were provided.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,014 Views)

It comes down to DAQmx only works with NI hardware.  MAX and DAQ Assistant use DAQmx.  So, as was already stated, the only way you can talk to the 3rd party cards is through supplied drivers.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,011 Views)