From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Measuring by two single ended settings with USB-6211?

Solved!
Go to solution
I'm trying to measure the frequency of a pulsating square wave with a constant voltage. The signal comes from a wind speed measure sensor, where the frequency is proportional against wind speed. I am using a NI USB-6211  where I measure the difference between the analog port 17 (AI 1) and port 28 (AI GND) with RSE settings (Measurement made with respect to ground). Port 28 has a cable linked to the ground (-) on a transformer which also gives power to the sensors. I'm using LabView 8.6 as software

This works great when I only have one wind sensor. When I attach another sensor to port 19 (AI 2) and select RSE settings between AI 2 and AI GND I get infinitely high frequency from both the sensors.  In contrast, they work well individual.

I wonder, therefore, if I have connected something wrong in any way (maybe the ground cable?) or can you not measure the two analogue signal by referring to the same ground?
Regards Mattias
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,995 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author rockarmatte

Hi

Mattias contacted NI support and problem was resolved by adding both AI reads as tasks to a single DAQ assistant instead of using two separate assistants.

Best Regards

David

NISW

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,982 Views)

(duplicate post due to bad connection....)

Message Edited by Davidek on 10-27-2009 06:54 AM
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,981 Views)
Yes, thanks to David Ek!
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,973 Views)