From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Measuring Temperature with a Thermocouple using NI USB 9162 and NI USB 9213

Hello, I'm not sure if this goes in this board but I'm using NI USB 9162 to measure temperature with a thermocouple and I want to connect the USB to my PC. I have Labview 2011/2012 and was wondering how to record the temperature measurements. I'm new to Labview and NI hardware so once I plug the USB what will happen? Do I need to install any drivers? Is there a VI I need to create/download? I would like to download a VI if possible. Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,324 Views)

You will need to install the driver for the devices, probably DAQmx if you are using Windows.  Look at the NI web page for the devices you have and follow the link to the drivers.  When you install the drivers you will probably get some examples which can help you get started.

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,316 Views)

Hi!

In this case as Lynn mentioned you’ll need the drivers, for this device you’ll need the DAQmx drivers, version 9.5 will work with LV 2011. As Lynn also mentioned, the drivers will include some examples, to get an example to measure temperature you can go and open the NI Example Finder and go to Hardware Input and Output » DAQmx » Analog Measurements » Temperature.

Regards,

steve.bm
AE | NI
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,306 Views)