Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Measurent of 125 µ amps (125 micro amps)

Solved!
Go to solution

Good day,

I have a project where I need to log a galvanometer output that should be in the range of 0 - 125 µa.

The signal isn't fast and takes about 500ms to cover that range but often a lot longer

I have access to a cDAQ chassis and I have a budget for modules.

I'm looking for accuracy and repeatability. 

What hardware would people recommend and any other suggestions would be welcome.

TIA

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(719 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Simon-lee

Use a Current Sense Amplifier to convert the current into a more usable voltage for a DAQ module.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 2 of 4
(712 Views)

Since you say "Accuracy and repeatability" and assuming you want some level of calibration traceability,  DMM will be the obvious choice.

This is a good choice, https://www.ni.com/en-us/support/model.usb-4065.html

santo_13_0-1667239049049.png

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
Message 3 of 4
(686 Views)

Your last three letters already point to my sugessted solution :

a TIA  .. TransImpedance Amplifier 😄

the TIA has an input impedance of about zero Ohm .  build with a OP and a 10 kOhm Feedback you end up in 1,25V

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

“ground” is a convenient fantasy

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

Message 4 of 4
(658 Views)