From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Measure two analog sinus signals (kHz range) simult. not possible (NI USB-6001)?

In a simple test-setup with NI USB-6001 I tried to measure two sinus signals (both have same frequency around 1 kHz). One comes from a function generator, the other is a sensor-signal (which should have a phase offset and a lower amplitude). I can measure both signals and get the expected behaviour. But if I try to measure both signals using two AIs at the same time, my sensor signal suddenly has a much higher amplitude, and close to a resonce frequency the sensor signal drops (it should increase). I don't understand why this is happening. I guess it has to do with the multiplexer. We need to buy a better DAQ anyway, so we could chose a DAQ with simult. AIs - but I don't know, if this would really solve the issue. Any ideas?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(780 Views)

Try to measure with the soundcard , two channels , higher samplerate, higher resolution AND simultanious sampling instead of multiplexing.

input circuit would be from input: a decoupling cap (470nF - 2µF , foil) , two anti-parallel red LEDs (1.8V protection), (optional a buffer amplifier) , a voltage divider ...

jepp a DAQ with simultanious channels help 🙂    and a propper input .. see the input circuit of the 6001  

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

“ground” is a convenient fantasy

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

Message 2 of 2
(746 Views)