From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximum current draw

This is the first time I have needed to use analog output. I have 15 pressure sensors that will each draw 4-6 mA at 10V. I want to use the NI 6514 to provide my power to these tranducers which will return a 4 - 20mA signal I will bring into and SCXI 1102 and PXI 6221. Looking at the specification maximum current output is 75mA. Is that per line, per bank or total? Will I need more of these cards or will one card be able to provide enough current?

If the 75mA is per bank I should have no problem, but my thinking is that the loads (sensors) are all in parallel to the common Vs and currents in parallel add. This would mean that if I was using all 32 outputs at +10V, I am looking at less than 2.5mA per channel that could be driven.

Please someone help clarify.

Sincerely,
William.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,756 Views)
bumping this message up looking for an answer.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,733 Views)
Hello William. Thanks for contacting National Instruments. The maximum current output is 75mA per line. This should meet the specs that you have listed above. Have a great day!

Marni S.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,709 Views)