Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximum Working Voltage and Input Range

Hi guys, recently I started to work with DAQ devices, specifically USB 6215. I need to measure high voltages, between 12 to 19 VDC. Somebody told me that I can measure until 20 VDC if I connect the (-) pin to ground in differential mode. However I think that this will violate the maximum working voltage of ±10.4 V related to AI GND but I am not sure if this one applies for the differential mode, if not which is the criteria to determinate maximum voltage for a measurement?

I dont understand well what is the difference between the maximum working voltage and the Input range? Which would be the maximum voltage that I can measure if I connect the (-) to Ground in the differential mode?

I hope you can help to solve my doubts, I am new using DAQ devices and I would like to get more information for in the future I can take right decision when I use the equipment.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,526 Views)

You can use for 20V inputs if you are not using more than 2 channels 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,474 Views)

What you want is to connect 10V to AI GND.  Then the - to the GND of the system.  The key is that you need each side of the diff measurement to be within 10V of AI GND.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,471 Views)

Hi Machop, Crossrulz, first of all thanks for their answers.

@Machop: Why do you say that the limitation are 2 channels?

@Crossrulz: I did not understand well this part "What you want is to connect 10V to AI GND. "  could you please explain me more?

Thanks to both, the forum is a really good place to learn more about NI technologies.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,462 Views)