Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MS KB2998527 update impacting USB 6366

I updated my Win7 today (9/25/2014) with MS latest update KB2998527 that's supposed to just be a Russian timezone update.

After rebooting, the device was detected by Windows but when NIMAX is run, it failes the self-test and NIMAX reported that it either wasn't present or was not configured/installed properly. My Labview application complained that the device was not recognized.

Rebooted several times to no avail.
Verified the device was working properly using another computer that did not have this update applied.
Attempted a system restore but after Windows came back up, it reported that it was unable to complete the system restore However NIMAX now recognizes the device and the test panel can be used to view data. The Labview application software I have developed no longer complains that it can't communicate with the device but it's very slow now.

Eventhough Windows reported the system restore failed, the system restore dialog indicates that the restore did complete and now there is an undo-restore point. The system update KB2998527 is still listed as being installed successfully in the Windows update history log.

Any suggestions for next steps to fix this problem?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(5,104 Views)

Update -

I've uninstalled the MS Update and tried to repair the DAQmx device drivers (although I must admit, it's not clear to me that I've done this correctly) and I'm back to the point where neither my application nor NIMax recognizes the device. NIMax shows the device listed but when I try the self-test I get an error message -88705 (see attached screen shots.)

I'm about to uninstall everything NI and re-install from scratch unless someone's got a better suggestion ...

thx,

t

%MCEPASTEBIN%

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(5,089 Views)

Hello T,

I apologize for the inconvenience this is causing. My first recommendation would be to reinstall the most recent version of DAQmx and then restart your computer.Hopefully, this will solve your issue.

Collin D.
Software Product Manager
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(5,062 Views)

When I tried to re-install the DAQmx 9.9.0 (according to the driver search I did is the latest), I select typical install and the setup then says that no software will be installed or removed.

I tried doing a repaire through add/remove programs for the NI software and some items got "repaired" (or just re-installed) but it wasn't until I re-installed the MS update that the interface to the device started working again. Very weird, especially for an update that's supposedly only for a Russian time zone change!

In any case, I'm now seeing a periodic error 200290 that I normally don't see suggesting that something is stil slowing my system down when it's talking to the DAQ device.

I will try removing everything via the DAQmx 9.9.0 installer by deselecting all items, then try re-installing and see if that improves things.

Thank you for the response and suggestion Collin,

t

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(5,044 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(5,041 Views)

Not sure why this version didn't show up in my searches, but THANK You!

After performing the re-installs, etc., the system now seems to be behaving as before.

I will put this upgrade to v14.1 on my list of things to do once I get past my critical path in my development cycle.

Thanks for the help,

t

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(5,038 Views)