From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAX won't Import config that it Exported

I am using Lab View 2010.  I have USB 9219, USB 9215A and USB 9212.  I also have 2 NI-DAQmx Voltage tasks.

I try to export just this config using MAX and then import the same config file again. I get an error: " The following products cannot copy to the destination system: NI-488.2 2.7.2: Cannot import GPIB settings due to insufficient permissons. Continue? ".

System gets import error on startup.

How do I configure my system so that it will import error free without GPIB?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,256 Views)

Hi dbaechtel,

There are a couple of things you can try.  One would be updating the GPIB driver to the latest version which repairs some of the bugs associated with the 2.7.2 version.  The other option would be to uninstall the 488.2 driver if you are not using any NI GPIB cards in the system.

Thanks

Ryan T
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,210 Views)

I had the same problem and it turned out that I had to log in as Administrator to be able to import the settings. I assume that the reason why I was having problems is because I installed windows with the card already installed on the computer. 

Martin Blandon
martin.blandon@gmail.com
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,954 Views)