Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAX on Windows 10

Solved!
Go to solution

I haven't been able to find anymore information on this so I'm hoping the forums may be able to help.

I have a Windows 10 Home PC that I am trying to install and run a labview developed program on. I have installed the NI System Configuration 15.0 in addition to all of the installers required to run the program.

2014 SP1 F3 RTE

2015 RTE

NI Max 15.0

DAQmx RTE 15.0

DAQmx RTE with Config Support

DAQmx with App Support

When MAX is opened up the device is identified and named "dev2" as would be expected, and the device is appearing in the Device Manager, however when selecting the device I am only presented with the options to Self-Test or Self-Calibrate, not Test Panels or Configuration.

Is this expected behaviour for MAX on Windows 10? Is there any way to access the Test Panels? Did I miss something in the install?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,725 Views)

Are you running 32 or 64 bit Windows 10 ?  Also, are you running 32 or 64 bit NI MAX?  Based on this NI support document (http://www.ni.com/white-paper/52818/en/), running 64 bit Windows 10 and 64 bit NI MAX is not yet supported, which could be causing your issue. 

Nick G.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,694 Views)

Sorry forgot to mention all of that.

The program and installers which I used to install MAX were built in 32bit LabVIEW on a 64bit Windows 7 PC. They were then installed on a 32bit Windows 10 PC, which seems to handle everything fine excpet the ability to create test panels.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,687 Views)

Which device are you connecting?  Which version of the DAQmx driver did you install?  And have you tried running your LabVIEW program yet?

Nick G.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,666 Views)

The device I am using is a USB-6210. The DAQmx driver version was 15.0. The program itself runs perfectly fine.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,611 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author ogk.nz

I have determined that this is expected behavior while using the NI-DAQmx RTE.  If you look at this link to the RTE you are using and browse to the "Description" tab, you will see that it says "With this distribution you cannot configure, name, or test devices without custom built applications."  

In general, if run time engines are used in deployment because they have a smaller footprint and are not meant to be a development environment.  If you want to see the configuration and test panels in MAX, please download the full versions instead of the run time engines.

Nick G.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(4,592 Views)