Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for NIDAQ Functions/Examples for 'Analog I/O DMA' and 'Digital I/O DMA'. (I am using 6024,6503 boards and VC++ in my project)

I am using 6024,6503 boards. I need to implement AnalogInputDMA /AnalogOutputDMA,DigitalInputDMA and DigitalOutputDMA blocks for another software. Why there are no NIDAQ functions used with 'DMA' ?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,129 Views)
Alan;

The NI-DAQ doesn;t have any functions to specifically access the DMA transfers, because that is done automatically for you. Once you set the data transfer to use the DMA channels, all the rest is handled by the driver.

Once you set up an Analog input task, and select the data transfer to use the DMA channels, you won't have access to the DMA channels but to the datapoints after the transfer.

Regarding the digital side of the application, I think that what you are looking for is a pattern input/output type of application, that will use DMAs for data transfer.
The 6503 doesn't offer that functionality. To accomplish that application, you will need one of the board of the 653x family.

Hope this helps.
Filipe A.
Applications Engineer
National
Instruments
Message 2 of 2
(2,129 Views)