Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Load data from usb 6009 in to DAQmx base

Hi,

I am doing an internship and a part of it is programming with Labview. I am new to it and have a problem. I already looked into the old questions, but couldn't find what I was exactly looking for. I have an USB 6009 (which works fine in datalogger), but now I want to use the signal (I attached the ai to the 5 V channel, just to get a signal) in Labview. The channel isn't available if I want to create a virtual channel with DAQmx base (because I work on a Mac), I also tried first to create a new task, but also that doesn't help. I just can't select any channel.

Can anybody tell me how to load data from my board into Labview? Maybe I am doing something totally wrong.

Thanks for your time!

Tim

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,210 Views)

Hello Tim,

Thank you for your forum post. I did see a manual about DAQmx base with Linux, I know this is a little bit different but you can use it just for reference, please find the following tutorial.

There are also examples installed wit the drivers, you can find those in the following directory; /Applications/National Instruments/"LabVIEW version"/examples/daqmxbase

I hope these examples will help you further,

Best regards,

Martijn S
Applications Engineer
NI Netherlands
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,189 Views)
Message Edited by Dutchy on 09-15-2008 02:50 AM
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,168 Views)

Hi,

Thank you for your reply, Martijn! I still have two problems. The first is that the examples don't exist on my computer. I have some examples, but nothing with DAQmx or something.

The second problem is something bigger. I have built the same structure as in figure 6 of the link that Martijn replied. But the problem is that I can't select any physical channel in the create_channel.vi or something else in the create_task.vi, so I have no input. I used nidatalogger and there I get a signal, so the computer recognizes the USB 6009. Maybe I make a very stupid mistake or I have to load the board somewhere in Labview, but if so, I don't know about it. Who has an idea, any suggestion is appreciated!

Thank you for your answers!

Tim 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,154 Views)

Hello Tim,

sorry for not getting back to you sooner! The past week I wasn't in the office.

Which driver version (NI DAQ and which Labview version are you using? Please find here all MAC OS drivers for our DAQ products. Please look in the read me file if it is compatible with your Labview version, and use the lattes driver for your Labview version and operating system. Did it worked in the past? Are you using a MAC Power PC or a MAC with intel?

Best regards,

Martijn S
Applications Engineer
NI Netherlands
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,093 Views)