Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview 7.0 and 8.0 do not communicate with my boards.

I'm using PCI-6036E and PCI-6733 boards.  Windows 2000 identifies them as hardware and says that they are working properly.  The labview example finder also correctly identifies the boards.  However, they do not show up in MAX and I cannot use labview to write to them.  I have installed and uninstalled labview 7.0 and just upgraded to labview 8.0 to correct whatever problem I might have had.  This does not seem to work.  Is there something that I have missed in the installation procedure?  My devices should work with this computer and this software.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,542 Views)
Hi,

WIth all the install/uninstalls, when did you install the drivers? After you install LabVIEW, you need to install DAQmx. If you're using LabVIEW 8.0, I would just install the latest. If this still doesn't work, I would trying removing the cards, power cycleing your machine, and installing them again - make Windows recognize the cards again.

Did these cards ever work on this system, or is this a new install?

Hope this helps,
Andrew S
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,525 Views)
I've solved the problem.  I had to reformat the hard drive and re-install from the beginning.  It seems like there were layers upon layers of old labview(4,5,6,7) interferring with each other.  Fortunately, I had not committed much to the computer before having to reformat the drive.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,450 Views)