Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW's memory corrupted in IMAQ AVI get filter names

Hi everyone,

Would someone please tell me how I could fix this problem? (I attach a figure)

I have LabVIEW 8.2.

Thanks so much in advance.

JC 
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,084 Views)

Hi JC,

This same vi works fine for me. I have LabVIEW 8.2 and windowsXP also. Do you have another pc to try? I think it would help us detecting where`s the problem.

Fabio

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,060 Views)
Hi Fabio,

Thanks for reply. I tried in other PCs but I installed LabVIEW 8.0 in one and LabVIEW 8.5 in the other one and it worked; however, I installed LabVIEW 8.5 in my pc and although i don't get the error message, the AVI get filters name returs an empty array. I was looking for some information in the discussion forums and I found some information that said it could happen for three reasons:

1) The installation of NI IMAQ of Vision is corrupt
- If the development files have been corrupted on your PC, it is possible that every now and then when a function is referenced, it will fail.  Try re-installing the lastest versions of your software.

2) Bad RAM
- The corrupted memory could also be bad RAM in your system.  Try running the program on a seperate PC or with only one RAM stick that you have tested and know to be good.

3) References in your code
- It is possible that your code is not closing a reference correctly or you are using a call library node function at another place in your program.  Verify that you close references properly and that no other DLLs are being called improperly.

I think my problem is with the second option because I've reinstalled the version of Vision (8.5) and closed all refernces in my program. I would like to know if I can solve my problem just changing my RAM memory in my PC and not the computer.

Thanks again for your reply and I hope you can help me.

JC

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,042 Views)

Hi JC,

I was reading what you wrote and I think you are able to resolve that problem by yourself but I would like to suggest you some tests like reinstall IMAQ, reinstall DirectX, remove any video codecs you don't need.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,016 Views)

Hi Fabio,

I will do what you said and I hope it works. Thanks so much for your help.

JC

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,994 Views)