Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW crash when switching between 'On Demand' and 'Finite samples'

Hi,

I synchronize analog and digital outputs of an analog output card (NI PXI-6733). For that, I use the Timing vi, to set sample mode to 'finite samples', the clock source of the analog output is set to OnboardClock, for the digital output it's set to the sample clock of the analog output. This works all perfectly fine.

However, after writing the samples, I want to write a single sample to the digital output channel. For that, I use the Timing property node and set SampTimingType to 'On Demand'. This also works.

The problem comes when I do this in a loop. And the weirdest thing (in my eyes) is that the loop iterates twice perfectly fine, but when I try to do three iterations, LabVIEW crashes entirely (Windows says, LabVIEW does not work any more etc.).

My two questions are now: Is the way I set up the synchronization between analog and digital output correct? And is the switching between 'OnDemand' and 'FiniteSamples' OK the way I do it?

A runnable test vi reduced to the essential parts is attached. I am using LabVIEW 2014 (Professional Development System). 

Thanks very much in advance for any hints,

Benjamin Schmid

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,269 Views)

HI,

when I run your VI I only get a timeout error.

It seems that it is not programmed optimally.

What do you want to do exactly? Which outputs do you want to do when?

Thank you.

Best,

Anna

Anna Vogl
Certified LabVIEW Developer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,191 Views)