Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW DAQmx Error -200010 occurs on new laptop

I have an executable that was created in LV 8.2.1 and uses DAQmx.  The app works great on this machine.  I received a new laptop to run the program on.  As you might imagine, the new machine has more memory, larger hard drive, and a faster processor.  However, when the app is run on the new one, it produces the following the error in the subject line.  Both laptops are Thinkpads.  The older one has the IBM branding, the newer is Lenovo.

The hardware is a PXI chassis being controlled via an 8310 Star-Fabric card.

Anyone see this before?...  and hopefully resolved it easily?  😉

Charlie

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 21
(4,623 Views)
Which DAQmx card are you using? Is it that in the new application the Sampling rate that you use is too high than the previous rate?
------

"A VI inside a Class is worth hundreds in the bush"
യവന്‍ പുലിയാണു കേട്ടാ!!!
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 21
(4,615 Views)

Charles,

Thank you for posting on the NI Forums. Have you tried using the highlight execution to see exactly where the error is occurring in your code? If we knew exactly where that error was being thrown it should help resolve the issue. 

Aaron W.
National Instruments
CLA, CTA and CPI
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 21
(4,606 Views)

The DAQ card is a PXI-6229.

This is the error message:

Error -200010 occurred at DAQmx Read (Analog 1D Wfm NChan NSamp).vi:1

Possible reason(s):
Measurements: Onboard device memory overflow. Because of system and/or bus-bandwidth limitations, the driver could not read data from the device fast enough to keep up with the device throughput.

Reduce your sample rate, alter the data transfer method (from interrupts to DMA), use a product with more onboard memory, or reduce the number of programs your computer is executing concurrently.

Task Name: Read Volts-Amps

As stated earlier, this program worked fine on the older laptop.

Thank you for taking the time to help with this.

Charlie

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 21
(4,604 Views)

Charlie,

It sounds to me like the rate at which you are sampling may be too fast for the current system. How fast are you sampling and would it be possible to slow down your sampling rate to see if we could get this error to go away. Also you could try running one of the shipping examples at the same speed that your current program is running to see if you will get the same error. 

The only thing that I can think of that would cause this is something to do with the different hardware architecture on the new Laptop or maybe something with the drivers that are installed. Do you have the exact same setup on the new Laptop as the old one such as same driver versions, same versions of LabVIEW? 

Aaron W.
National Instruments
CLA, CTA and CPI
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 21
(4,571 Views)

Aaron,

the daq Task that's causing the problem reads two channels and has the following parameters:

Channels Test Voltage, Test Current
SampQuant.SampMode Continuous Samples
SampClk.ActiveEdge Rising
SampQuant.SampPerChan 4000
SampClk.Rate 25000
SampTimingType Sample Clock

Both machines have LabVIEW 8.2.1.  I have a driver listing of both machines that I can look through.  Both machines really have nothing on them except for the OS, LV, and an anti-virus.  The AV is disabled on both machines.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 21
(4,566 Views)

Charles,

Your sampling rate looks fine the me, there really shouldn't be any reason why your device could not sample that fast. I would double check your DAQmx Driver versions and see if they are different from one another. All of your other drivers are really not as important as the DAQmx driver. 

Aaron W.
National Instruments
CLA, CTA and CPI
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 21
(4,563 Views)

The driver versions have to match exactly?  What about the version of MAX?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 21
(4,560 Views)

Charles,

The driver versions do NOT have to match exactly, but if they were different that could be one possible solution to the problem. Ideally it should not matter what version of the drivers you have installed, but if the drivers were different between the computers that could be a possible explanation for why it was working with one computer and not the other. MAX is not as big of a concern as the DAQmx driver. I just didn't want you to spend hours comparing each and every driver between your two computers when DAQmx was the important one to look at. 

Aaron W.
National Instruments
CLA, CTA and CPI
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 21
(4,558 Views)

ok.  Here is the info:

New machine: NI-DAQmx 8.5; Version 1.80.49157

Old Machine:   NI-DAQmx 8.5; Version 1.80.49155

This is probably not the issue then.

Maybe I should check processes that are running? 

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 21
(4,554 Views)