Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keeping a DAQmx Task Running after its Calling VI Closes

Solved!
Go to solution

How do I keep a DAQMX task running after its calling VI closes?  Is this possible?

I am using a PXIe-6363 to generate a pulse train using a counter-based, continuous, pulse generation task .  I would like to start the task a in a sub-VI, then exit that sub-VI, but have the pulse generation continue until I later stop the task.  Presently, as soon as I exit the sub-VI, the task ceases pulse generation.  The sub-VI includes DAQmx VIs to Create Channel, set up Timing, and Start the task.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,998 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author DanB.

Are you dynamically calling this VI?  Otherwise, it should still be running since the top level VI (therefore the VI hierarchy) is still active.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 2 of 3
(1,991 Views)

Thanks a lot for your quick response, crossrulz.  After reading it, I realized my problem.  I was testing out the sub-VI directly.  Since the sub-VI was my top level VI, the DAQmx task was closing as soon as the VI closed.  I just tried calling the sub-VI from another VI and got my desired behavior.  Yahoo!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,982 Views)