From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keep MAX Settings on write protected volume

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I use a system volume which is write protected by the Unified Write Filter (UWF) in Windows 10 LTSB Enterprise. To allow changes on activated UWF in the MAX Settings I have to define a write through exclusion for the folder of the daqmx database. If I change some settings in MAX the file "c:\ProgramData\National Instruments\MAX\Data\config3.mxs" is changed.

It is enough to add an  exclusion for c:\ProgramData\National Instruments\MAX with sub folders: Data, Data Dictionaries, Logs ?

Or is something stored in other location (ie. Registry)?

Peter

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,543 Views)

Hello,

Hard to say for sure without looking under the hood, your assumption may be a good direction (excluding whole ProgramData\National Instruments\MAX). Is there anything that doesnt work for you here?

The other hint of course would be to consider excluding also Program Files\National Instruments\MAX directory.

Best Regards,
TK
Certified LabVIEW Architect (CLA)

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,467 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Peter_S

Hello,

I excluded ProgramData\National Instruments\MAX which contain the MAX database Data\config3.mxs.

Up to now I have no problem.

Peter

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,440 Views)