Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there some software that lets me get just the voltage data in real-time?

I'm currently using a USB-6341 and I need to use the data from the DAQ as voltages. I need to be able to send the data in real-time to a tool I'm using.

Is there a way to do this? Or has anyone made some code that does this for me? (Noob when it comes to coding....). 

Similar to how the test panels in NIDAQmx, but with just the voltages, as and when it changes...

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(4,190 Views)

What language are you using?  What is this tool that you are using?

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(4,186 Views)

Essentially, C++. I don't really know what the tool is (work stuff; don't know what it is.) 

But the ideal case would be to output the voltages in real-time to the console. (Just to give it a bit of direction...)

And LabView is not an option for us...

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(4,178 Views)
There are examples for c++ that come with the installation of DAQmx. Try starting with those and post back with a specific question. Your comment about real time is a bit confusing. Do you intend to use an actual real time os or just want so many samples in a specific time? What sort of time period are you talking about? From the product page, you can see the sample rate.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(4,172 Views)

I looked at the examples. They actually are pretty useful. And sorry if I confused you. I wasn't quite sure what I needed just then either. But I do now.

So the data logging into a .tdms file was kinda what I was looking for. What I need now, is to try and read the .tdms file using Visual Studio, while logging data into it. Could you tell me if that's possible, and if it is, how would I go about it?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(4,126 Views)
I thought tdms was NI specific of maybe even LabVIEW specific. just log to a csv file and bring into excel when you are done.

Look into measurement studio support for c#. I don't miss cpp at all. Do you really need to stay there for this project? Utilize your cpp knowledge in c# and drop 500 on measurement studio for the controls and hardware control. It's well worth the money.
Grant M. Johnson
Project Engineer
LECO Corporation
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(4,099 Views)

Unfortunately, I do have to stick with cpp. But never mind. I managed to work it out last night. I'm not going to use a tdms file. Might as well, stream the data directly. Thanks again!

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(4,086 Views)

Unfortunately, I do have to stick with cpp. But never mind. I managed to work it out last night. I'm not going to use a tdms file. Might as well, stream the data directly. Thanks again!

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(4,085 Views)