Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to synchronize AO and DO?

I'm currently trying to write analog multisample output with an internal clock to a PFI line. I also want to output digital triggers that are synched with the analog output. (a digital trigger every time I output an analog sample. Unfortunately I want to output the triggers to a PFI line and trying to use the same internal clock gets me the error ("selected lines do not support buffered operations") which makes sense since PFI lines do not support hardware timing. Does anyone have any ideas on how to accomplish this? I have been looking into counters and I'm using dotnet C#.

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(769 Views)

It's often possible to accomplish such sync, depending on the device in use.  What DAQ device are you using?

-Kevin P

CAUTION! New LabVIEW adopters -- it's too late for me, but you *can* save yourself. The new subscription policy for LabVIEW puts NI's hand in your wallet for the rest of your working life. Are you sure you're *that* dedicated to LabVIEW? (Summary of my reasons in this post, part of a voluminous thread of mostly complaints starting here).
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(749 Views)

I am using an x series board. I have it working at the moment by setting up a counter output channel and setting the output terminal to be the digital output port/line. I then set the clock source for the analog output as the counter output. Does that make sense and do you have any suggestions? Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(727 Views)

Sounds exactly right to use the counter pulse train output as the AO task's sample clock.  Just make sure you start the AO task *before* starting the CTR task.

-Kevin P

CAUTION! New LabVIEW adopters -- it's too late for me, but you *can* save yourself. The new subscription policy for LabVIEW puts NI's hand in your wallet for the rest of your working life. Are you sure you're *that* dedicated to LabVIEW? (Summary of my reasons in this post, part of a voluminous thread of mostly complaints starting here).
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(720 Views)

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(713 Views)