Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is the PCI-6010 compatible with Windows 7 (32 or 64)?

Solved!
Go to solution

I'm hoping to get a quick answer because I need to by the operating system right away and I don't know if will work with Windows 7, and if it does, does it matter if it's a 32 bit or 64 bit version of Windows?

Thanks,

Tim

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,815 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Tim1050

Hi Tim,

The device will work with Windows 7.  If you take a look at the readme for the current version of DAQmx (9.2.3), you can find the PCI-6010 in the list of fully supported devices. 

There is also a much smaller list in the readme of devices that don't have support under Windows Vista/7, as well as devices that only have support for the 32-bit versions of these OSes.  Luckily, the PCI-6010 is not one of these devices.

Furthermore, I can confirm that I have used the PCI-6010 with both the 32- and 64- bit versions of Windows 7 (I reimage my test machine quite frequently).

Best Regards,

John Passiak
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,805 Views)

Thanks John. By the way, can you suggest a good alternative board number to use as a simulated device for the 6010, since it doesn't have one of its own?

Tim

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,774 Views)

Hey Tim,

I suppose it depends on what you want to do with the simulated device.  The PCI 6232 has a similar channel count, DIO, and counter features as the PCi 6010 and might be a good starting point.

Best Regards,

John Passiak
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,766 Views)