Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing newer version (8.0) of RunTimeEngine on a computer with older version of Labview (6.1)

I have been using some VIs on Labview 6.1 on my data logging computer. I would like to test some executables (built from Labview 8.0.) on this computer. I will have to install Run-Time_Engine (v8.0) before I can test run those exe files.

My question is will the installation of this newer version(8.0) of Run-Time-Engine affect the operation of my old VIs operating on Labview6.1? More specifically, will it affect the lvdaq.dll of Labview 6.1? I know from my past experience that installation of Labview 8.0 onto a computer with labview 6.1 will cause the loss of the old lvdaq.dll.

Your help is highly appreciated. Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,466 Views)

Hey,

It wont effect the daqdll because its not part of the LabVIEW runtime engine. However when you have an executable running with LV6.1 runitme engine, it wont work with LV8.0 runtime. So if you want to test an executable which requires the 8.0 runtime on the same system you will need to uninstall it afterwords and maybe also reinstall the 6.1 later again.

Christian

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,451 Views)