Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing PCI-6221 with driver for use with Labview Runtime engine 7.0

I have an application (executable only) written for labview 7.  I try to install the Daqmx for Labview 7.0 but my PCI-6221 is not being recognized in MAX - nor can I get Windows to find a driver (using Nidaq70).

The card came with a driver for 8.2 or 8.3 and this required the runtime Labview engine of 8.2 which conflicts with my program written in Labview 7.0.

How do I get Labview to recongize and install a driver for PCI-6221 using Windows XP and Labview 7.0 runtime components?  Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,063 Views)

Hi mypylon, welcome to the NI forums!

The PCI-6221 requires the DAQmx driver and will not work with Traditional DAQ .  The most recent version of DAQmx that maintains compatibility with LabVIEW 7.0 is DAQmx 8.1--you should download and install this version from our website.  Unfortunately, if your executible uses the Traditional DAQ API you will have to rewrite the code to use DAQmx functions for use with the 6221.

For your reference, the DAQmx readme lists the hardware that is supported under each driver (Traditional DAQ or DAQmx).   The KnowledgeBase article NI-DAQ & LabVIEW Version Compatibility (for Windows) lists which versions of LabVIEW are compatible with each driver version. 

-John 

John Passiak
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,046 Views)