Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing NI-PCI 6221 DAQ

I'm having issues with getting a NI-PCI 6221 DAQ card installed on windows XP.  This device is not listed in the device drivers list in XP and I can't seem to find the proper file anywhere.

I have NIDAQ 7.44 installed and I'm using labview 7.1.

Any help would be appricated.

Jeff

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(5,854 Views)

Hi Jeff,

The PCI 6221 is only supported in DAQmx (NI-DAQ 7.4.4 is now referred to as our "Traditional DAQ" driver).  DAQmx 8.9 is the latest version that still supports LabVIEW 7.1 (see NI-DAQ & LabVIEW Version Compatibility).

The Traditional DAQ 7.4.4 readme has the full list of devices supported by that particular driver (it also has a list of some of the hardware that is only supported in DAQmx).

Best Regards,

John Passiak
Message 2 of 12
(5,850 Views)

That would explain it.

Thanks alot!!!

Jeff

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(5,845 Views)

hello, im pedro rivera, im working with ni pci 6221 and i don't know how to install it in my computer, if you have a manual or tutorial to install it, please, share it with me

ps: excuse for my english, i speak spanish ^^

.:. Pedro Rivera .:.
i love to work and develop on labview, this is real fun!!!
Photobucket
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(5,437 Views)

Hi Pedro,

To make sure that I'm looking for relevant information for you, are you looking for help with installing the card physically, or with installing drivers so that you can communicate with the card?  I just want to make sure that You get the information you're looking for.

Regards,

-Dave C

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(5,419 Views)

im looking for information about physical instalation, i only found information to install drivers and recognize the card, thanks for your help

Photobucket
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(5,416 Views)

Well, you would just need to plug it into an available PCI slot in your computer (when the comptuer is powered OFF):

original.gif

Assuming you have DAQmx installed, when you power the computer on you should be prompted with the Add New Hardware Wizard (on XP), or the driver will automatically associate with the hardware (if on Windows 7).

Best Regards,

John Passiak
Message 7 of 12
(5,409 Views)

its me again, i was reading about the card and i dont know what this ports are for, i mean the one that is inside the red circle, i want to know if this port is the real time system integration (RTSI) or is a aditional power conector to allow the card to provide more powerni pci 6221 68 pines.jpg

Photobucket
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(5,379 Views)

Hi pedrorivera,

That connector is indeed the RTSI connector, the PCI-6221 does not use an additional power connector.

Best Regards,

John Passiak
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(5,371 Views)

John,

You can probably help me.  I have a PCI 6221 card that I want to install in a new Dell computer (64 bit) that came with Windows 7.  My IT department claiimed to have 'rolled back' the operating system to XP.  I loaded all of my NI software and plugged in the card.  When I then loaded Auto Max, I got the blue screen of death.  Does this mean the computer should have been completely cleaned off and XP 32 bit loaded on?

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(5,009 Views)