Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect task executing on SCB-68

I use SCB-68 device to generate clock signal. For that I use DAQ Assistant in my program. I need to generate sequence of pulse trains. For example 1000 pulses, delay 1 s, 2000 pulses, delay 1 s, 3000 pulses, delay 1 s and so on (see attachment). But when I start programm I see, that device genetates incorrect sequence of pulse trains: 1000 pulses, delay 1 s, 1000 pulses, delay 1 s, 1000 pulses, delay 1 s and so on. In other words DAQ assistant use first number for generage next pulse trains, but in fact, my program gives to DAQ assistant correct numbers. It seems like internal buffer of device, which store number of samples, don't update.

How can I fix it? Maybe there is way to update device buffers manually (in my program) or something like this?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,617 Views)

Two things,

1. SCB 68 is a connector block and not a DAQ card Smiley Wink so, which DAQ card are you using??
  2. Are you using a counter/Timer channel on your card for this pulse generation??
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,615 Views)

>SCB 68 is a connector block and not a DAQ card so, which DAQ card are you using??

Sorry, PCI-MIO-16E-4 🙂

>Are you using a counter/Timer channel on your card for this pulse generation??

In DAQ assistant I use Counter output (ctr0 hardware output). Is it that information, what you want to know?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,609 Views)

Problem has been solved with the help of NI technical support.

NI support suggested me to eliminate "First Call" check in block diagram of DAQ assistant.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,602 Views)