From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I try to build executable programs for CF6004, a lot of missing VI or C files

Dear sir or madam,

I as beginner in LabVIEW programming turn for help to you.

Situation: have dealings with NI CF-6004 which installed on pocketPC (Dell).  Software installed: LabVIEW Professional Development System 7.1, LabVIEW PDA Module 7.1, SDK 2003 Windows mobile, embedded visual C++  4.0 (with SP3), NI-DAQ mx Base1.0.1 (in windows 2000 environment)

Have a problems with building executable programs for compactflash card CF-6004. Even simple examples like “Read Dig Port.vi” which included in software show missing vi or C files  in error report. Please help to understand where is my mistakes.

Sincerely,
Taras.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(5,189 Views)

Hello Taras,

Please take a look at this KnowledgeBase and let me know if you have any questions. Have a great day!

Sincerely,

Marni S.

Message 2 of 12
(5,166 Views)

Hello Marni,

Thanks for help. After your suggestions my problem is a little bit smaller, but still I have very long list of missing files. (like  ATTsetChipCFDAQ600460*** or _ATTsetChipESeries10***, see also attached screenshot “error_list.jpg). Hope for a further help.

Sincerely,

Taras

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(5,158 Views)

Dear Taras,

Can you target the Pocket PC and run the VI? If you can't make sure that you have downloaded DAQmx Base on the Pocket PC. To do this, go into the Start Menu>>All Programs>>NI-DAQmx Base and download onto your device. Please let me know if you have any questions. Have a great day!

Sincerely,

Marni S.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(5,141 Views)

Dear Marni,

DAQmx Base is already downloaded on PocketPC, but I can’t run my VI, it shows problem of synchronizing with host computer. Reinstallation of ActiveSync doesn’t help. I think, I’ll reinstall all software and change OS to Windows XP Pro English, because now another problem appears. When I targeted the PocketPC and tried to build executable program which doesn’t use CF-6004, I always get a program for emulator (and not for PocketPC). I have only this (stupid-user) approach to solve my riddles. Are there any better solutions?

Sincerely,

Taras
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(5,134 Views)

Dear Taras,

Can you add other things to the Pocket PC, like music? If you still have problems after you reinstall all of the software, you should contact the company that makes the Pocket PC. Have a great day!

Sincerely,

Marni S.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(5,117 Views)

Hello Marni,

Reinstalling helps (strange). But I’ve met some problems with multifunctional DAQ compact-flesh card CF-6004 (Part num.: 191029B-01, Serial num.: E0861F) If I use the task for 4 channels acquisition in my programs the channels numeration are reversed. Also I’ve high level of crosstalk (in the rage of signal) on remaining floating channels (Is it possible to keep them ungrounded? VI, photo is in attachments). And last question, is there only buffered acquisition possible? For my task 10Hz (sample rate) is enough but it must be continuous like oscilloscope. What can I do with these?

Sincerely yours,

Taras.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(5,048 Views)

Dear Taras,

I'm glad to hear that reinstalling helped.

1. If you want to reverse the order, you might consider reversing the signal inputs.

2. Since the channels are floating, it is not expected behavior to read in the channels and crosstalk shouldn't matter. If you need to read them in, short the floating channels. The channels with signals on them do not have this high level of crosstalk.

3. There are some examples that ship with NI-DAQmx Base 1.0.1 that show how to do continuous acquisition on the CF-6004. These examples can be found at

C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 7.1\examples\daqmxbase\PDA\Ai

Have a great day!

Sincerely,

Marni S.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(5,033 Views)

Hi Mihel!!

I'm with the same problem that you!!

I have installed im my machine a 6036E DAQ and NI CF-6004 which installed on pocketPC (HP).  Software installed: LabVIEW Professional Development System 7.1, LabVIEW PDA Module 7.1, SDK 2003 Windows mobile, embedded visual C++  4.0 (with SP3), NI-DAQ mx Base1.0.1 (in windows XP pro).

When I try create a executable of a simple example NI-DAQ Base 1.0.1, is showed the same error that you say in this forum. It's exactly the same error report. Ok? But, I don't have in my hand the HP pocket PC yet, it's in process of importation, well I'm trying to work with emulator SDK 2003, however, I'm not getting due to that mistake. Other VIs without DAQs VIs that are compiled they work correctly in the emulator.

How you resolve your problem?? I believe that you can help me!

angelo.machado@semeq.com.br

Thanks!!

Angelo

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(5,009 Views)

Dear Angelo,

It sounds like you are having a software problem. If the only driver that is giving you errors is the DAQmx Base driver, you should uninstall it and reinstall it. Have a great day!

Sincerely,

Marni S.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(4,983 Views)